Touch screen technology is definitely growing in popularity these days. Suddenly, there is huge wave of touch screen devices that are available in the market. Touch screen devices are considered to be both input and output devices because they have the capability to receive and display information on the fly. Devices such as smart phones, computer monitors, touch screen overlay, ATM machines, cash registers and so on are all using touch screen technology and they are widely used these days. So it is safe to say that touch technology is here to stay. One particular drawback of these devices is that they can be quite sensitive so it is important that you protect them properly and maintenance is an absolute must. So how can you protect and maintain your touch devices? Just keep in mind these easy tips:
- When cleaning your device it is important that you turn off the device. This is to enable you to see everything that needs to be cleaned. The screen's brightness may make you miss some areas. There are devices with a built-in cleaning mode function, so be sure to use that if that's an available option.
- Use only a lint-free or microfiber cloth when cleaning in order to avoid scratches and dents in the surface of the screen. You can use distilled water in order to damp the cloth. Make sure that it is damp not too wet. Apply the cloth in the screen with gentle circular motion.
- If you are going to use commercial cleaners, avoid using those that has strong chemicals because it may permanently damage the screen. Specifically avoid solutions that contain ammonia. There are cleaner kits that are available for the specific purpose of cleaning touch devices, these are readily available in electronic stores or online. All you need to do is to spray the solution to the cloth that comes with the kit and rub it softly across the surface of the screen. Do not spray the solution directly to the screen.
- After cleaning, make sure that the surface is free from moisture by wiping it with a dry lint-free cloth.
- If it is available for your device, always make sure that you buy a screen protector or screen guard for the surface. Sure, these may seem like extra expenses but these protect your screen from scratches. It makes your device more durable. If it is a smart phone, then buying a silicone or rubber case for added protection is highly recommended.
- Touch screens are very sensitive to dust, so avoid using them in dusty areas or environment.
- For prolonged use, always use a designed stylus if it is available.
Touch screen devices are not exactly cheap so it is important to perform proper care and maintenance so that you can protect your investment. Just follow these easy tips and your touch screen device will surely last you a long time.
Source by Matthew Hohn